Has your love life been dragging lately? If you’ve suddenly become more interested in watching that “Law and Order: SVU” repeat than having relations with your partner, you are someone in serious need of making your sex life, well, sexier.
1. Tell yourself you look good naked. Stand in front of the mirror and take the time to admire your best assets. Women who feel better about themselves will have better sex in the long run. To boost your confidence, take the time to write down what it is you like about your body. If you feel more confident, your sex life will improve. If there is one thing nearly every man finds sexy, it is a confident, strong woman who knows just how good she really looks.
2. Get in tune with your body’s needs. Think about something that will make your heart race faster, and make you feel exhilarated. Create something that will make you feel good, from the inside out. Wear those jeans that give you a good butt-chances are, you will not be the only one who notices (and appreciates) the differences.
3. Do the unthinkable- swear off sex for the time being. It is the age-old temptation, you will always want what you can’t have. The desire increases once something is off-limits. This will keep the sex from becoming automatic, and also learn to enjoy the sensuality of sex. Tease yourself, and tease him. Turn out the lights, and take the time to truly get to know one another’s bodies and what truly is a turn on for you both. It is one thing to have sex, but quite another to truly take the time to get to know the body of your lover. Anticipation for the sexual act will only make it that much better the next time.
4. Don’t get lazy in the bedroom. Keep finding activities that will stimulate the desire for sex, and create a sense of adventure for your partner. Continue to challenge yourselves, with increased exercise or heart-pounding adventures outside the bedroom as well. That may your sexual appetite will be at full throttle once you return home.
5. Take the time to relax your body and your mind. Who wants to have sex with someone who feels constantly stressed out or tense? Whatever you need to do, take a walk, listen to music, practice yoga, anything to recharge your sexual batteries. Do your best to just relax and let sex happen naturally. Do not ever force the sex issue, or rush into an encounter. Anyone will tell you that sex is better when it is done at a relaxed pace, with plenty of ease between both partners. Sex should not only feel like a great form of exercise, but it should be an activity that relieves the tensions of both partners leaving a happy, relaxed feeling in the air.
If you do not come away from sex feeling happier and healthier than before, use some of these tips to create a better experience.
By Lynne T Murray